Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Paris

The Eiffel Tower at night, taken from a Seine riverboat
I leave Paris tomorrow. It seems like I've been here such a short time, but it's already time to go. Seeing this famous city has been an amazing experience. There are a hundred things I wish I'd had time to do and never got around to. I'll have to content myself with the thought that they'll all make great reasons to plan a second Paris trip as soon as possible.

Leaving Paris also marks the end of my stay in Europe. I fly to Rome for a single night, then back to the good old US of A. And do I ever miss it! Whenever I leave America for a long stay overseas, I "say goodbye" to America by enjoying all the things I know I won't have for months to come. Now, I'm practically ecstatic about getting back to them.

Today I'll spend my time walking around Montemartre, a historic neighborhood in Paris that I haven't seen yet (it's where the Moulin Rouge is). Then I'll come home and pack, and tomorrow morning I'll be on my way. It saddens me to say "au revoir" to this beautiful place, but I try to remember that "au revoir" literally means "til I see you again."

Copyright 2010 Sara Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment