Thursday, November 4, 2010

Home Again... On The Michigan Flyer

Back in the Detroit airport... long before I wanted to be.
So... I'm home again. I had a wonderful trip in New York and returning home is a bit anticlimactic. I already miss my boyfriend, too - so much so that I'm going to write a short post and then put on my pajamas and eat candy.

The big thing I want to share isn't my post-boyfriend depression, however, it's a useful resource I discovered while trying to find a way home from the Detroit airport. A friend dropped me off for my outgoing flight, but no friend was available to pick me up on my way home. Of course, I put off thoughts of leaving until the very last minute, so at 9 pm the night before my departure I found myself cross-legged on my boyfriend's bed googling ways to get home.

Of course, there's a cab stand at the Detroit airport and there are lots of shuttle services, but I'm trying to save money so I wanted something a little cheaper than the $35 shuttle service that was my most economical option. Fortunately, I happened upon a useful bus service called the Michigan Flyer. Prices range from $15-$30 one way depending on your destination: Ann Arbor, Jackson, or East Lansing. There are also small discounts for round-trip tickets and/or multiple passengers. Booking online - even the night before - was fast and simple and the bus driver was impressively courteous and helpful. He offered us complimentary bottled water and also offered to arrange for taxis to meet us at the bus's drop-off points.

I know this is a rather specific travel tip, but I hope some of my fellow Michigan residents find it useful. If you live in Ann Arbor, Jackson, or East Lansing and you need a way to the airport, the Michigan Flyer offers great service and convenience at a great price.

Copyright 2010 Sara Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment